- Activated Folate 500 contains Quatrefolic® a glucosamine salt providing 500mcg 5-MTHF.
- Folic acid is a synthetic form of folate that is metabolised in the body to produce 5-MTHF by the enzyme methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR).
- Quatrefolic® demonstrates a high solubility in water which facilitates absorption by mucosal cells for further circulation in the blood.
- 5-MTHF is a good form for folate supplementation for people with lower activity of the MTHFR enzyme. It’s also a good alternative to folic acid supplementation as it does not mask vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms.
- Activated Folate 500 supports brain health, cognitive function and memory.
- Activated Folate 500 supports cardiovascular health by helping to reduce homocysteine levels in the body. It also assists red blood cell production and supports blood health.
- Activated Folate 500 supports healthy foetal development.
- Activated Folate 500 supports emotional wellbeing and helps prevent dietary folate deficiency.